Friday, August 28, 2015

Black Bird Press News & Review: Navigating the perilous mental landscape

Black Bird Press News & Review: Navigating the perilous mental landscape







In my 1968 interview with ancestor James Baldwin, he said, "It's a wonder we all haven't gone stark raving mad." Oh, Jimmy, your prophesy has come true today, 2015: the virus of white supremacy (type I and II, Dr. Nathan Hare, Foreword, How to Recover from the Addiction to White Supremacy, Dr. M, aka Marvin X, Black Bird Press,  2007) is pervasive in North American Africans and Europeans. As a nation we are totally unable to navigate the perilous mental landscape with an iota of soundless or saneness. We are thus the performer on the tightrope about to fall headlong into the chasm or precipice of our own making. Like the hog returning to slop, we wallow in the madness of the times. And yes, the only light at the end of the tunnel is the train coming at us. And sadly, the engineer is busy text messaging as the oncoming train collides with our train and we are derailed and suffer death along with many injuries, physical and mental. We assumed or presumed the engineer was of sound mind, just as we assume our political leaders are of sound mind yet they are not, for they are enslaved to lobbyists of every stripe, pushing every agenda imaginable to advance themselves despite the fact they vowed to promote the consent of the governed upon election or reelection. Their duplicity feeds our madness and derails our mental equilibrium, causing us to descend even deeper into the chasm, confounded us with a plethora of lies and half truths.



We have been programmed by the monkey mind media to profess loyalty to the world of make believe the media magicians  present to us. Thus, we are hoodwinked into believing their fake world. Dr. Nathan Hare says we must understand the Fictive Theory, i.e., everything the white man says is fiction until proven to be fact. This is a most difficult proposition when we have become addiction to white supremacy, i.e., the white man's ice is colder than the Black man's. There are those who will not use their credit cards with Black web sites but have no fear with submitting their credit cards to Amazon.com. I've had customers who declined to use my Square swipe, they rather go to the ATM machine and pay the fee because they don't trust my Square swipe.



Fear and lack of truth is discussed in Step I of my manual How to Recover from the Addiction to White Supremacy. Since this is a Pan African manual of recovery, an African recently said, "Marvin X, we need a book entitled The Mis-education of the African. Talk about those Oxford Africans who are brainwashed worse than American Negroes. Marvin X, I tell you the truth, I rather be a Negro than an African. I would be totally shocked by his statement except an African woman told me the same thing recently. With his and her statements, I am confounded yet humbled by the teachings of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad who told us we were the light of the world, as per Africans and Arabs, especially Arab Muslims. He preached to us to be our aboriginal selves and we would be leaders of the new world now coming into reality.



Master Sun Ra taught us we would not go forward or backward until we did the right thing, i.e., accepted our role in the world, along with our responsibility as the leaders as we enter the new era or the new cycle of history or mystery (Sun Ra) , yes, as we begin another 25, 000 year cycle of time.



So let us be clear on how we can navigate the perilous mental landscape in the now of our lives. Know thyself said the Africans, followed by  the Greek students of the Africans (see Stolen Legacy, George M. James). Knowledge of Self is the first knowledge on the road to us regaining our mental equilibrium.



We cell phones, we can now Google African Knowledge of Self! We can Google any knowledge from anywhere in the world. This makes the Bible saying, "The people were destroyed for lack of knowledge," even more relevant because there is no excuse for ignorance except the desire to remain ignorant. And there are those who desire to remain ignorant. Some of those brothers who stop by my Academy of da Corner, will say proudly, "Oh, Bro, I don't read books, my woman reads." Imagine the depths of this statement, a prescription for some horror story in male/female relations "further on up the road," as that old Blues song tells us. Can't remember if this is a Bobby Bland or BB King song.



I am horrified when brothers come to my Academy and ask for work. As I watch them, I can see their primary objective is my female assistant. I observe that his pants are hanging off his behind, so I know he can't work with me if he has a problem pulling up his pants. Would anyone hire him with his pants sagging showing his drawers. If the white man won't hire him, I don't blame the white man. I know if I came in my Father's house with my pants sagging, I would get a serious beat down. Alas, we know many if not most of these brothers have no knowledge of their fathers, and this fact contributes to their difficulty is navigating their perilous mental landscape.



Manhood training is thus a necessity is regaining our mental equilibrium, and the same for women. What are the fundamentals of manhood and womanhood and who is qualified to teach us this essential lesson of life? The most recent lessons came from the Nation of Islam's FOI and MGT training classes.



The Nation of Islam, no matter the negatives, it attempted to instruct us in manhood and womahood training rites and rituals. In truth, we need to bow down and kiss the ground for the teachings of the Nation of Islam that gave us Black Studies 101 and manhood/womanhood training as well. Socalled academic Black Studies never gave us basic manhood and womanhood training. If one doesn't know the purpose and meaning of manhood and womanhood, all other knowledge is to no avail. When I taught Black Studies at Fresno State University, 1969, Message to the Black Man was my text and as per my journalism class Muhammad Speaks was my text. Yes, Gov. Ronald Reagan removed me from campus by any means necessary. He did the same to Angela Davis at UCLA the same year. And as a Communist, what do you think her texts were? Ask her!



I conclude with the question, How do we navigate the perilous mental landscape before us at this hour?

Firstly, we must be fearless. We must overcome our fears in order to navigate successfully.



We are so thankful our ancestors taught us to be fearless, e.g., David Walker, Nat Turner, Gabriel Prosser, Denmark Vesey, Sojourner Truth, Harriet Tubman, Ida B. Wells, Frederick Douglass, Booker T. Washington, Noble Drew Ali, Marcus Garvey, Elijah Muhammad, Malcolm X, Betty Shabazz, et al.



On the West Coast, Huey P. Newton taught me to be fearless, along with Bobbly Seale, Little Bobby Hutton and Eldridge Cleaver, Geronimo and Bunchy Carter, Elaine Brown, Kathleen Cleaver, Queen Mother Moore, Clara Muhammad, et al.

--Marvin X

No comments:

Post a Comment